A charity pike competition will be held on Sunday 10th November at O’Briensbridge for a very good local cause, SAOIRSE Addiction Treatment Centre based in Davis Street Limerick. This organization is wholly self funded and for any person finding themselves or a loved one having to avail of the services offered here, they are totally free of charge.
LDAA will host the event and there are fabulous prizes for both adults & kids on the day plus a raffle for an excellent Christmas hamper inc Turkey & Ham and other goodies so very well worth the few euros for a couple of tickets.
Check in on the day from 0930 at the playground in O’Briensbridge village and fishing will be from 10:00 – 16:00 and prize giving will take place at 16:30 sharp
Rules as follows:
1) Strictly no live bait allowed
2) 2 rods per angler
3) All fish to be weighed by nominated stewards on the day and fish to be recorded in your day card and
signed off on by nominated steward only.
4) Junior anglers must be accompanied by an adult
5) No dead fish will be accepted
6) Fishing from the ESB sign at the Dam down to the mouth of the Erinagh Canal on both sides of the river.
7) Fish may be kept in a Keepsack or keepnet until steward arrives.
If weather permitting, LDAA will utilise their club boats to bring anglers to both sides of the river.
Entry fee €10.00 per adult €5.00 per junior
All proceeds from the day will go directly to SAOIRSE
We will acknowledge & thank all companies / individuals who very generously donated prizes in due course as the list is big and hope it gets bigger so please feel free to donate anything at all for this great cause.
For any further details of the competition or to donate a prize contact club secretary Mike Kiely 0876926510 / club treasurer Peter Hannan 0861621997 club PRO Charlene Dillon (083) 1444284
All very welcome along and hope to see a good turnout to support this fund raiser.